[TowerTalk] New Member - Need help with an antenna design

Joe - WDØM WD0M at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 22 09:45:00 EDT 2004

Hi Tim,

My experience has been the same as Gene, AD3F.  My initial exposure to the
spiderweb antenna, however, wasn't until the 1960s - 200 years after
Gene's.  ;-)  I currently have an inverted vee spiderweb antenna for
80/40/30 and it works great.  It's attached at the 55 foot level of my tower.

I spaced the elements apart using a soda straw with a piece of string
through it - tie the string to each element to space them apart about every
8 feet or so, and you're set to go.  As Gene suggests, you can also space
the elements apart horizontally, should it be more convenient.

Give it a try and let us know how it works!

73

Joe
WDØM