[TowerTalk] Re: Thrust Bearing Usage

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 25 17:08:05 EDT 2004

Here we go again...making assumptions.  When you are using an
undersized thrust bearing I can see your point Kelly.  Not
everyone is using a CDE (MFJ) Ham or Tailtwister rotor.
Have you ever seen the bearing inside a HDR-300 rotor?
It is dinky and I feel not designed to take a lot of weight...so
the thrust bearing takes most if not all the weight.  Different
rotor/mast/antenna combinations require different designs.
BTW I place a saddle clamp on top of the thrust bearing for
safety purposes just in case I have a senior's moment.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0
VE5RA at sasktel.net
First VE5 9BDXCC
What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul?
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.