[TowerTalk] Installing a PL-259 on Buryflex

Rick Bullon kc5ajx at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:28:31 EDT 2004

Hello All
Well I spent over an hour trying to install a stupid PL-259 on the end of
Buryflex coax and I never did get it on ( it started raining again). I have
done this before but this time it seems that the center conductor is too big
to go into the pin of the PL-259 the strands fold back and keep the pl259
from going all the way on. I tried to tin the center conductor of the coax
then it differently was too big!!!
I fell real stupid that I can't get a simple PL-259 solder on to a piece of
coax. anyone else have this problem? are there any tricks to this ? or am I
just real real stupid!!!
KC5AJX