[BULK] - RE: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Fri Oct 29 12:09:31 EDT 2004

If the question is running trunklines to Beverages: Who cares?  I use CATV
RG6/U (75 Ohm, .250" diameter, multiple shields) for that, and directly bury
it just like the cable company does!  75 Ohm hardline would be even better,
but at a few hundred feet the difference in loss in the lower HF spectrum is
negligible and I can't believe anyone could tell the difference, in a
Beverage application.-WB2WIK/6

"Nobody needs more than 640k!" -Bill Gates, 1982