[TowerTalk] Re: Half-Square or ?? For 80m

Paul B. Peters, VE7AVV ve7avv at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 30 17:20:00 EDT 2004

One detail I omitted in my recent post was the fact that I want this new
antenna specifically for 75m/80m (resonant at 3.795). I already have two
dipoles for this band and a requirement of this new antenna will be to
hopefully achieve some gain over these existing dipoles that are at 110'. I
don't want all band or multi-band performance from this new antenna - I have
antennas for all  other bands. My real interest is in hopefully improving my
performance on 75/80m. This far north on the west coast, we need all the
help we can get our of our antenna systems given our short path is a polar
path and long path is truly long.

Another issue I would ask you to keep in mind when making suggestions as to
antenna type is the fact the distance from the shack to this new antenna
location is 400 feet.

73 de Paul, VE7AVV
StoneyGround Station
"All email from this address is checked by Norton AntiVirus 2003"