[TowerTalk] Tower Suggestions???

K0PYK k0pyk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 18:44:57 EDT 2004

TowerTalk,

I would like a recommendation on a crankup or tilt-over tower or similiar idea for the home qth. I purchased a Explorer 14 Beam and rotor from another ham. Part of the deal was that I take it down. It was a good experience climbing the tower and removing the beam, mast and  2 meter vertical. A local ham kindly donated his tower climbing equipment, which definately made the job easier. Things went real smooth for my first time. The reason for my question is that I just turned 50 and the thought of continually climbing a tower to make changes...that is, as I get older, there needs to be a easier, safer, way. I surely don't relish the thought of doing this when I am 60+. Curious as to your thoughts.

Tom, K0PYK