[TowerTalk] Coax Recommendation

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Thu Sep 9 12:18:56 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone....

I am going to change out antennas on the tower this fall/winter and I thought it would be a good time to replace all the coax as well to the beam and dipoles.  I have collected a lot of coax over the years but it is old...and a lot of it has been rolled up for years.  I do have a partial spool of RG-8U from about 20 years ago that has never been off the roll (Saxton Brand - 200 feet).  I just don't feel good about putting it on the tower.

The question is....what coax would you recommend?  I have seen many advertisements about certain coax, but what is the best for the dollar?

I have a 60 foot tower with the shack right under the tower since it is on a city log of 80 by 150 feet.  So, I do not need a lot of coax, but I want something that might be better.

Comments?  Recommendations?

Lee - K0WA