[BULK] - [TowerTalk] Fla. hurricane news?

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Fri Sep 10 13:08:25 EDT 2004

	I worked Ivars, KC4PX from Merritt Island, FL Monday evening 9/6.
He was operating mobile on 20 meters (or maybe it was 17?), on his way "back
home" after the latest hurricane.

	Ivars is an active contester, and he asked me to let people know he
would *not* be on the air for the ARRL January VHF SS because he lost all
his antennas in the hurricane.  His house is okay, and they were moving back
in, but he still had no power, no internet, etc.  And no antennas!

	Ivars is a very "big signal" on 50 MHz and up from eastern FL, and
his big signal will be missed in this SS.  Hopefully, he'll have everything
back together soon...

	WB2WIK/6