[TowerTalk] Calculations

Alan C. Zack k7acz at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 22:53:47 EDT 2004

And why does a major tower manufacturer stick to outdated UBC-97 50
and 70 MPH wind calcs rather than the newer IBC-2000 specs.  UST did
send me a nice set of drawings based on UBC-97 that my Bldg Dept said
were great IF they were based on IBC-2000 instead.  I suppose some
hams will order and install the towers without a Bldg Permit or some
Bldg Depts still accept the UBC-97 specs, but why can't they provide
what the Bldg Dept requires?
Even my local AES store tried to get the IBC-2000 specs for me and
were also unsuccessful.

WarrenWolff at aol.com wrote:

> And once a fellow gets a set of 90 MPH calculations for $250  or so, why, o'
> why should any future sales of the same calculations cost the  next fellow the
> same $250?  The non-recurring cost should be minimal;  right?
>
> Warren
> W5KKW

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com