[TowerTalk] verticals in woods vs. in a field

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 16 02:13:34 EDT 2004

> I think that the contact area IS the dominant effect here.. the
> cambium is a
> sheet conductor in the classical sense, so, to a first order, the
> resistance
> is going to be inversely proportional to the electrode surface area.

The resistance measured between 1/4" spike nails driven in 2 feet
apart in the same tree (big nails for railroad ties, etc) also
measures over 1 megohm, the same as the probe points. I don't see any
change.

Any contact size effects seem swamped by the high resistivity of the
tree.

We are still left with an extremely resistive "conductor".

73, Guy