[TowerTalk] followup question on verticals in trees

Larry Phipps larry at telepostinc.com
Thu Sep 16 11:06:51 EDT 2004

You might want to consider folding the top over to get rid of the excess length. I don't think a mild slope will hurt anything, but a fold would be better, especially if you're planning a phased array.. Even a small amount of high Q inductance at the base won't kill you if you're only talking about 10-15% shortening... or an L-network to match the wire exactly.

Larry N8LP