Fw: [TowerTalk] Concrete anchors

Bryan bryanponder at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 18:40:08 EDT 2004

I completely understand your points.  Definitely points I have been considering.
My idea in my thinking was that having the extra guy set would increase the
overall strength of the tower also increasing the wind load it could handle.
For this tower to fall it would have to snap 8 guys on the way down..  My other
concern is that the 2 sets of guys would be attached to 1 hook on the guy
bracket.  If I'm to go with the idea of using a elevated guy anchor, would this
need to be done on all 3 sides or just the side that has the shorter distance?
What size post or I-beam is recommended.  How deep do I bury it, and do I need
to put it in at a 45 deg angle?

Thanks

Bryan