[TowerTalk] Batteries For Bird 4311 - TR-169, TR-164R

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 18 21:09:03 EDT 2004

I found a Bird 4311 in very nice shape at a hamfest, and need batteries for it. TR-169 and
TR-164R are specified, but they appear to be discontinued, and I can't seem to find any
sort of cross reference to a current type.

I could certainly modify the unit to use a stack of AA's, or add a power cable to run it off 12
volts with a zenar to 5.6 volts. Are there any other good solutions?

For those who may not know, the batteries run only the peak reading circuitry. RMS power
measurements are passive, so I can use the unit in that mode as is. But I would really like
to have the peak-reading capability.

Jim Brown  K9YC