[TowerTalk] Ham IV Rotator

Robert Shohet kq2m at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 19 11:45:23 EDT 2004

Hi Carl,

This happens to me a lot, especially when I haven't rotated
my antennas in a few weeks or months.  I press the brake
down for about 5 seconds and then gently alternate between pressing
the right lever and then the left for about 2 seconds each.
Occasionally I will press all three levers down for about
1 second and then press the brake and one lever.  This also
can help.

Sometimes I have to repeat this process a few times before
the rotator will move.  Then the indicator will move with
the antenna as it begins to rotate.

I am not sure exactly why this happens, but with 6 T2X
rotators on my tower I can tell you that this is a common
occurrence (at least for me).  It is almost like the brake gets
wedged into a groove and then has to work it's way out, which is
what the side to side rotation seems to do.
The "non-movement" with a depressed brake is also more
common when it is windy.

Let us know what you find and GL!

73
Bob KQ2M