[TowerTalk] Antennas not at the top of a crank up

Wally Klinger wklinn at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:37:57 EDT 2004

Good Afternoon Ken,

Yes, I have done just that.  I fabricated a new and improved coax arm.  The
coax arm is (I think) a 3/4" square tubing which is secured to the tower
with 2 bolts.  The tube extends out 12 inches or so, and there is a steel
ring which your coax goes through.  All I did was to take a piece of square
tubing run it out another 2 feet.  I welded a ring for the coax so it passes
through it.  I welded an upright (round tube) to the end.  My discone is on
this. I welded a ring underneath the discone support tube. I attached a
pulley, and voila! A dipole support!!  The steel ran me lunch at McDonalds
for my friend.  I used my buzz box.  And off to HD for a 4 dollar can of
cold galvanizing. Less than 10 dollars.    Beauty!

73--Wally W9BEA