[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OK signal

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:08:36 EDT 2004

I don't know where you live Dan, but we in the Chicago suburbs are familiar
with a creature that is especially prevalent in wealthy big city suburbs,
the indolent, bored, self-centered whiner.
After he has grown tired watching the Bravo channel, he flails about looking
for something to do.
Neighbors, productively occupied in past-times they enjoy, and minding their
own business, are ripe for meddling with.  To these people, "disaster" means
loosing their hair stylist because he moved to Paris (not the one in Texas).

73,
rob/k5uj

From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj at yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OK
signal

"The
federal government in its infinite wisdom interceded
years ago on
behalf of
a small
minority of radio operators when they might have been
relevant to some
national
emergency and defense.

i wonder how the guy would feel had he been in the
path of one of those hurricanes or a  major tornado
etc... we are irrelevant until needed then we are a
indispensable...

i actually had someone welcome my tower since in the
case of an emergency we might have a viable
communication path....

Dan N8DCJ