[TowerTalk] YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY WHITE LIST

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Thu Sep 23 23:28:57 EDT 2004

Tom- MY OPINION- White lists cause more trouble than they solve.
If someone that I have not pre-approved (because I have not heard from them
before) wants to send me a message- how do they do it? They can't, under
the White list system. I have had the answer that the rejects are stored
for periodic review- This is idiotic, because it just puts the review time
off for a while; I still have to look for possible goodies. In addition, it
is an insult to valid potential correspondents, or, at least, delays their
contact.
I know that SPAM is a real, BAD problem, but the "White List", like the
"Black List" implemented by automated or semi-automated means, are also BAD.
Bill