[TowerTalk] Crank-up Tower ID

Jon L. Turner ka0ofp at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 11:02:15 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I enjoy reading the reflector and now I have a
question to post to the group. I just purchased a
crank up tower from a fellow that has to move. He did
not know the maker of the tower. I am wondering if
anyone can help me out so I know what I need for the
base and also wind load specs. This tower looks like
it nests around 20 feet. It is a three leg tower that
has four 19 or twenty foot sections that telescope.
The cross braces are solid rod that is welder to the
vertical legs and horizontal braces. It has a power
winch on it. It has a Mosley antenna, tribander with a
forty meter kit on it. I do not have any measurements
of the sections. I have not picked it up yet.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you in
advance the the group.

Jon