[TowerTalk] 40m rotatable dipole

kb2m kb2m at arrl.net
Tue Sep 28 06:59:21 EDT 2004

 I'm going to drop my tower this coming weekend. One of the things I plan on
doing is replacing my 44' rotatable dipole with a 66' one. I wasn't happy
with the
performance of the 44 footer. I looking for suggestions on what feedline to
use.
I'm now using 450 ohm ladder line into a 4-1 balun, then a short 10 foot run
of coax into the shack. I've had some rf problems with the 44 footer,  that
I think might be solved by the better match of the 66 footer? Should I
consider different feed line? I have a coax run already in place that is not
being used, so it would be easy to switch over. also mounted on the tower
is a Steppir 4L at 64 feet, and
2M,1.25M,70CM, beams starting at 78'. Where would one position the 40M
dipole in the 14' space between the 4L and the 2M beam? I didn't notice any
interaction between the 4L and the 44 footer. Thanks in advance for any
useful suggestions....

73 Jeff kb2m