[TowerTalk] Broadband Internet Service Letter

David Martin dlmarti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:42:05 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:52:40 -0500, Byron Tatum <bjtatum at ev1.net> wrote:
> Hello-
>     I received a letter from an un-identified company in my area { Alvin, TX} titled a " Feasibility Survey", regarding my interest { as a rural potential customer } in high speed broadband internet service. They describe the service as " a small antenna at my house and a broadcast tower a short distance away". Is this the broadband over power lines type affair that we have all been opposing? I wonder why the company does not identify themselves?? The return address is a local post office box.

Most likely this is a feasibility study for 802.16 or 802.20.
Several studies are going on right now concerning these technologies.
Here is a link for more info:
http://nwc.mobilepipeline.com/specwatch/80216.jhtml

Unlike BPL or 802.11, this is a licensed technology.
In otherwords; 802.16/20 is our friend....  ;>

--
David L. Martin
Roving: dlmarti at gmail.com
Home:  kc2lcf at arrl.net