[TowerTalk] Tower Restrictions

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 11:12:19 EST 2005

TT:

----- Original Message -----
From: "TOMMY HALIBURTON" <ROCKETJ10 at MSN.COM>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Cc: "K6YE" <K6YE at MSN.COM>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Restrictions

[SNIP]

> Do remember that if you buy a home in an area that has CC&Rs and they
either no longer have an HOA and/or have never enforced them, they (CC&Rs)
are not "null and void." Lots of people have ended up in court for years
believing otherwise and lost. Also remember that HOAs can create (for the
good of the whole, sic) future CC&Rs that can cause one real grief. They
also have nearly unlimited wealth for court battles. The old adage (modified
by me) "Look long and hard before you leap" is apropos.

> While I would never choose to live in a neighborhood with CC&Rs, there are
plenty of people who do. It is a matter of choice.

> Good luck in your endeavor.
>
> Semper Fi,
>
> Tommy - K6YE (Now in zero land)
> DX IS

OR.... you can check to see if the CC&Rs (John Fogarty's group?)  have an
expiration date, as was the case in my community.  I bought my house in
1983, noting that K6IR and his 90+-foot crankup tower was up the hill from
me.  I concluded that this neighborhood's HOA was very inactive.  So we
purchased the house.  When I finally got together some ca$h for a tower, I
checked the restrictions again and found that they had expired two years
previously, and I received no notice that they had been renewed by anyone.
So I got my building permit and hired a backhoe operator.  The rest is
hostory.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

questions and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.