[TowerTalk] When a Yagi Loses an Element

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 13:44:18 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/3/2005 8:52:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

Fairly simple solution. I believe the boom on this antenna is 3". Get
2 3" muffler clamps and install them in such a manner that the center
of balance is displaced to that of the original configuration. Now,
some heavy duty rope tied around the outsides of the clamps and
connected to a pully of sufficient strength can be used so loosen the
mounting clamps. During this process, if balance is not achieved,
simply tighten the bolts again, and move one of the 3" muffler clamps
to compensate.
    Huh?!? Could you explain this so I can understand it? Where do the
muffler clamps actually go? What is "such a manner"? Where does the rope go? Where
does the pulley go? More specifics appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC