[TowerTalk] When a Yagi Looses an Element

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 4 10:35:07 EDT 2005

Bill,

When you climb up, take along some rope, a pulley, and some clamps also.
Unless you have two strong tower workers, you may find the antenna to be
too unbalanced to pull through the boom to mast plate without some additional
support.  Mount the pulley on the mast high above the antenna and run the
rope far out the antenna boom like a truss.  Use this truss arrangement to
keep the boom from dropping and catching on the guys, etc.
Initially, as Steve would say there is a pucker factor, but it will go easier
than you first believe.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0
VE5RA at sasktel.net
First VE5 5BDXCC, 160M DXCC & 9BDXCC
What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul?
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.