[TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

Blake Bowers bbowers at townsqr.com
Mon Apr 4 13:55:34 EDT 2005

If you have the room, go guyed.  Cheaper, sturdier, etc.

Yes, I would say it would be insanity to wheelbarrow,
and also to mix onsite......

Find a way to get the truck in there!

appropriate radius about the tower to permit antenna rotation only.  Given
this situation, would a freestanding tower be preferred over guyed?  And
another question.  The location would be about 300' off the road. and I
would say absolutely inaccessible to a concrete delivery truck.  Would you
all say it's insanity to wheelbarrow the 3 or 4 yards of concrete for a free
standing base?  If I could get a loader back there with the materials, could
3 or 4 yards be mixed on site with a rented mixer?