[TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

JOHN A JACOBSEN jacobsen_5 at msn.com
Mon Apr 4 17:25:06 EDT 2005

Tom,
Looks like you've got LOT'S of hints on the concrete end of the project. Nothing on the trees though. When you trim the trees, don't stop at just the clearance for turning the antennas. Them puppies grow! (Trees and antennas). I think I'd trim at least twice what I needed, if not more. One of the locals I know seems to be trimming his trees for clearance every other year. When I trim trees (just for looks and to thin out) I use advice given me a long time ago..."Trim 'em 'till they look good, then take a little bit more". Twist that around for tower work anyway you want. Good luck on your project.
73  K9WN
Jake