[TowerTalk] Re 10/15/20 Stacked Yagiis

sawyered@earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 6 20:20:26 EDT 2005

Here at N1UR, my phase 1 was to install 15/20/40 on one mast with 14 feet of mast above the tower.  I configured it 40 on top (minus the 3 1/2 feet for the boom truss rope), 15 in the middle, and 20 feet just over the tower.  This will eventually be changed when Tower 2 goes up in the summer of 2006.

I knew it would be a compromise situation from the start.  The 15 meter beam (a F12 3 el on 12 foot boom) interacts with everything.  The 40 (an EF240X) is at 90 degs to the 15 beam and they work fine that way.  They were really screwed up in parallel with 6 foot spacing.  The 20M did not work well in parallel to the 15M with 4 foot spacing.  It only worked well at 45 deg to the 15.

So there I have it.  Kind of looks wierd, but plays well.  It will do until next summer.  In the meantime, I have a cheat sheet to keep everything straight.

Ed  N1UR