[TowerTalk] 75 meter antenna

Al Williams alwilliams at olywa.net
Thu Apr 7 15:19:21 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux at earthlink.net>

> A lot of the details are going to depend on what the soil properties are,
> and I'd venture that most hams don't have a real good handle on exactly
> what they are for their particular site.
>
> When you ran your EZNEC models did you use the sommerfield ground or the
> reflection coefficient? (makes a big difference on feed point impedances,
> and the corresponding gains)
Although I have ran hundreds of wire antennas with EZNEC, I am still a
novice--usually variations of wire configurations rather than exploring the
effects of various ground properties.

I used the "real/hi accuracy and 1 medium 0.005,13).  Also used only #16
copper wire.

We will appreciate advice.

k7puc