[TowerTalk] polyrod

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Apr 9 07:04:32 EDT 2005

In my limited experience, you will indeed get splinters from it --
I was wearing gloves the day we put up a tall tower with Polyrod guys, and
even so, got itchy wrists where the rod slid across them briefly below the
gloves.

I hope that one of the guys locally who were involved in the first PVRC buy
will comment on this, but I understand that the rod cannot be stored rolled
for a protracted period -- something about migration of fibers in the resin
matrix?

73, Pete N4ZR