[TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporting tower

j4976@juno.com j4976 at juno.com
Mon Apr 11 02:18:34 EDT 2005

I think this discussion, though interesting, may be irrelevant:  In my
experience, if you have erected, assembled, or built any type of
engineered structure which then fails for any reason at all, if it is
found that you made any changes, additions, alterations, or modifications
to the structure without the written and sealed direction of an engineer,
(and preferably the original designer or an engineer from the original
company) you should at the very least consider yourself to be completely
uninsured in the event that the failure has caused any damages or losses.
 Any premiums you are now paying could be a wasted investment.

Odds are that any insurance company will first investigate whether the
failing structure was properly installed, and then will check to see
whether it was modified or used improperly.  Remember, they don't like to
pay and will spend lots of money trying to avoid it.

I could give lots of details, but I don't think they are necessary.
Sorry for the very long sentence.