[TowerTalk] HF Antennas - Need Input

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Tue Apr 12 15:32:05 EDT 2005

Glad to hear it.  Excellent compared to what?  For what purpose(s) was
the system designed for?  Does it meet or exceed your design
expectations?  If you are saying excellent compared to dipoles at 30 to
60 feet or a commercial no radial vertical I can understand that.  If
your goal was to be  king of the band during  the early/late hours of an
opening or to cover all the angles for a contest, then excellent is
gonig to be a relative term.

My tribander at 80 feet works well too, but sometimes my 2 element yagi
at 40 feet works better.  I can guarantee that the same antenna at 120
feet would be superior to AS/OC from my place as what I have now.  It
all depends on what our goal/needs are.  73 bob de w9ge