[TowerTalk] what kind of camera is best for a tower cam?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Apr 17 10:21:42 EDT 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:13:47 -0500, FireBrick wrote:

>I'm in Chicago where wx can be extreme.

In a former life, I installed and maintained CCTV cameras. There
were, at that time, several lines of environmental enclosures for
outdoor cameras. Vicon and Pelco are the ones I recall from those
days. These companies also sold pan/tilt units, as well as
controllers for them. Things can certainly have changed in 30
years, but I still see cameras in P/T/Z enclosures as I drive
around, so someone is selling them.

Jim Brown  K9YC