[TowerTalk] MonstIR Rotor/tower/polyrod question

Peter Voelpel peter.voelpel at t-online.de
Sun Apr 17 18:50:43 EDT 2005

Hi Jan Erik,

Concerning the discussion on towertalk...

I own 4  Prosistel PST2051 advertised for 2,5m² windload.
Two of them got the same failure, the worm-bearing was pushed outside!
That happened at abeout 60-70km/h wind with an antenna of 0,9m² 12m above ground!

So far all control-boxes have failed, some by static, others by electonic failure.

Also the mast clamps were not properly drilled, the holes for the mountingscrews were not aligned

The advertized starting torque of 200Nm I never believe.
I have one in my Versatower, in foldover-postion a HyGain 5-element 10m yagi could not be turned.

I bought the rotators in 2000, but use only one at present, will sell 2 of them and go for the canadian rotator

73
Peter, DF3KV