[TowerTalk] 1 5/8" hardline to N female?

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 14:39:16 EDT 2005

Here's what I would try.  Obtain a small aluminum clamshell-style box, about
the size of the connector flange.  Mount an N female bulkhead connector on
one half.  Mount the other half directly to the flange using bolts and nuts
through existing holes in flange.  Solder a short piece of solid 10 gauge
copper wire to the copper pipe and the other end to the N connector.  I
would cut the wire just long enough to allow soldering to the N connector,
then bend the wire slightly to close the box halves together.  Once bolted
together the flange should have a good electrical connection to the N
connector.

73, Keith NM5G