[TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"

WA9VRH Larry wa9vrh at mtco.com
Sat Apr 23 17:03:25 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,
A question and comment. What satellite company are you using?

Now the comment....   Currently 28.8 is real good for me.  I am in the
country no DSL ASL
and hopefully NO BPL.  I will live with my 28.8 and not sweat it even though
my office is in my home.
While I am waiting for some big smuck file to download I can step out on my
deck and see and hear
things that people that have DSL, cable modems and other things will never
experience in their back yard.
I am my own water service, sewer service, and when needs to be my own power
company so I can keep my water service going
and not offend customers when I go see them!  Yes I would like to see faster
speeds and as the satellite prices come down I am sure that will improve.
One other thought.  I am thinking about installing a cell phone repeater at
my home. I am far enough out that cell phone is iffy. For under let's say
$600.00 I can have a system that will have a gain antenna directed at the
closest cell tower.  Then a omni antenna for in the house will be installed.
Using one's cell phone through such a connection for internet access when
you have to either upload or download a large file maybe and interesting
test.
73 Larry WA9VRH