[TowerTalk] FD Antenna Discussison - Just for Fun

j4976@juno.com j4976 at juno.com
Mon Apr 25 16:05:29 EDT 2005

Remember, if you can manage to get a 5/8 wave vertical set up, you will
get both a high angle and a low angle lobe.  Also, when modeling, using
poor radial systems seems to raise the takeoff angle of the 1/4 and 1/2
wave verticals.  Many comments found on this reflector seem to back up
the idea that better radial systems give lower angles and worse give
higher.  For a field day, the right vertical application might work just
fine.

You could also consider cophasing 2 or more mobile antennas with a coax
harness, and park the cars in the appropriate spots for separation.
Anyone built a 4 square of hustlers on ford pintos? I think most mobile
antennas radiate fairly high.