[TowerTalk] Mounting antennas with tilt-over

KT2Q dxdx at optonline.net
Fri Apr 29 21:31:10 EDT 2005

All,

Have a 55 foot heavy-duty crank-up tower (HDX-555)and planing to mount a 4 element 20 meter monobander on a 35 foot boom (M2 20M4DX).

I'd like to mount the antenna with the tower tilted over. The idea is to use a ladder to reach the mast and stand the monobander on it's rear and slide it onto the mounting plate.

An alternative is to mount it with the elements facing the ground. Either way, I still need to get to the mast and both the elements and boom are about the same length.

Would like to mount the boom-truss while tilted over as well, but not sure if it's possible to adjust for proper tension while tilted over.

Any suggestions?

73, Tony KT2Q