[TowerTalk] polyrod

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sat Apr 30 20:48:15 EDT 2005

> Yeah, well I absolutely do not and will not get involved
in any sort of argument about this, but for anyone at
Polygon to say they've never heard of such a thing just
shows ignorance on their part.  What causes it may be open
for debate, but to not have heard of it...just stupid.

Well, it certainly could ** and most important SHOULD be
resolved ** in no time at all if someone just shipped a
sample of a defective piece back.

If Polygon doesn't know, doesn't understand, or doesn't
think there is a problem and there is one this absolutely
DOES need corrected ASAP.

In the mean time since I know the history of the rod I have,
since Polygon says it is perfectly OK, and since I've never
seen any other fiberglass product behave as described...mine
is staying in coils (as it has for years as I slowly use
it). One thing I do know is if I string thousands of feet of
rod out it will be ruined for sure within a year!!

(My own opinion is something is so drastically wrong with
the rod it misbehaves while sitting in a coil, I don't want
it holding up any big towers anyway. I'll take it to the
landfill and buy something known to last.  The small savings
per foot isn't worth the risk.)

Before reaching any conclusion about Polygon's staff I'd
send them a sample of some of this bad rod....unless it's
like the $500 69' 427 Corvette sitting in the dead Nam vets
mother's garage that was sold several years ago?   :)