[TowerTalk] Sparky Pays a Visit

Eugene Jensen eugenejensen at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 10:00:33 EDT 2005

Funny thing when Mr. Sparky come to visit as I still have no towers here at
new QTH due to our friend MR IBC 2000. But let leave that for another thread
that I have installed a whole Leviton Structured Media Advanced Telephone &
Media Panel with all new wiring. After a local lightning storm my Wife
called me at work and complains about noise on the phone lines. After
checking the whole system I found that on the Telephone/Network panel that
line were shorted and when I removed it the surge had came in on the POTS
lines and burned (it look like spider webs on the board) had fried it well
done. So much for Telephone Company Network device on the house Interface
shunting any thing to ground. I was planning as part of the single point
ground a PolyPhaser IS-6PTL when the towers are installed. Looks like it
going to get done sooner than later. This was planed to protect a new
Panasonic Telephone System I'm installing for business reasons. I'm thinking
if the PolyPhaser device had been installed I would have been ok. Keep a
good insurance policy just in case. I going to due a lot more thinking about
how best to single point ground the towers with the Power lines on the other
side of the house.  73 Gene K2QWD