[TowerTalk] 160 antenna

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Aug 7 12:12:10 EDT 2005

HI Guys

In working the NAQP last night, I had quite a few requests to QSY to 160 from 80.  On 80 I am using a ~130 foot center fed zepp.  Going to 160 only requires a quick re-tune of the tuner so that's no problem.

Question is, if I were to add to the ends of the antenna 50 feet of wire in a coil, and have a 10 foot pigtail, would that improve the operations on 160, and would it make any difference on 80?  It is up about 80 feet in a tree so that's  not really very high on 160, but would like something a little better.  73

Tom W7WHY