[TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Mon Aug 8 15:12:32 EDT 2005

Steve Maki wrote: Sure.
Assuming a 100' tower, attach a c. 60' cable to the tower at the 100'
level AND the 50' level...

Now this sounds really dangerous!  Might work fine but how do you
control the movement of the tower bottom while the hook is slipping
upwards?  Crane still has to reach above the tower top so not sure what
the advantage is to this method.  I'm no professional rigger but
thinking about doing this make the hairs on the back of my neck stand
up.  Sorry, I'm not convinced yet.  73 bob de w9ge