[TowerTalk] steppIR qsy time

Bob Gates regates at direcway.com
Sat Aug 13 12:43:17 EDT 2005

Since he won't blow his own horn, I'll do it for him.  Larry also manufactures a nifty little tuning relay you install in line with the controller.  It prevents keying the amplifier while the Steppir is tuning to the new frequency.  I bought one for a friend of mine as a gift for helping me get back into the hobby after a 25 year absence.  He swears by it, and says he's caught himself more than once rushing to QSY and trying to tune the linear before it's safe.

Bob W7BJ

  And remember, you can still hear with the antenna mistuned... enough to
  allow you to find the first station to call or a clear calling frequency
  anyway.

  Larry N8LP