[TowerTalk] Sourcing 120' wood poles

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:58:18 EDT 2005

Dino Leblanc Inquired:
>We are looking for (3) 120' treated wood poles for an installation in La.
>This will not be a permanent fixture only temporary. Please send me more
>information...Thank you
Dino,

Go To McFarland Cascasde website.  They have an on line quoting engine for
any kind of pole you specify.  Fill that out and they will contact you by
return email...

3 years ago, a 120' class 1, treated Douglas Fir Pole, was quoted to me at
about $3500.  Plus Shipping, in my case to Central Coast of California, and
that was about $4000.   Not bad though for a bullet/wind proof, no guys
required, support of that height, which would support anything and
everything you would want to put on it.   If your soil tests out
structurally sound, then according to the local Line crew foreman here, the
typical bury depth, is:  10% of the height, plus 1 foot.....but...umm...
there is a lot more to it than that...Engineer time.....

Go To:   http://www.ldm.com/PoleReqInput.asp

73, DX, de Pat  aae6g at hotmail.com