[TowerTalk] Birds on the antenna

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 19:40:20 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/29/2005 4:11:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  When you find out, let me know!  I have Turkey Vultures that always sit
on top of my 140ft high 40M Yagi.  As a result the Yagi and top of the
tower are totally white on top!  This would really be a blessing if
someone knows how to get rid of them, short of shooting them all, which
I cannot do for safety reasons.

    Yes, please do not shoot at them. Dick, XE2DV/W7ZR, shot at the birds on
his CC 402CD and made a bulls-eye on the driven element which proceeded to
fall to the ground. Good shot, Dick!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC