[TowerTalk] Birds on antennas

Tom McAlee tom at klient.com
Mon Aug 29 22:20:42 EDT 2005

> If they are strong enough to be effective they are probably strong enough
> to do damage to the antenna(s)

I've never had to shoot birds off an antenna, but if I had to I would invite
my neighbor over and have him do the same thing he does when the woodpeckers
go after his log cabin.  The first shot goes into the air to scare the bird;
when the bird flies off in fright the next shot goes for him.

I imagine it takes a little practice but he is pretty good at it.  Before
too long a new woodpecker will be back so perhaps it isn't the best
solution, but here in southwestern Virginia its the kind of thing people do
for fun anyway.  I've not yet assimilated into this culture yet.

73,
Tom, NI1N