[TowerTalk] Synchro App Data Re: Looking for a pair of selsyns for an old Telrex rotor

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 10:14:23 EDT 2005

At 04:40 PM 8/29/2005, Andy Bazar wrote:
>Hello Charles Johnson,
>I found a wooden box full of these items while walking
>my dogs today along the street.  There are model
>2J1G1, Selsyn Control Transformers and 2J1F1 Selsyn
>Generators of various condition in the box.

BTW, if you reverse the rotor connections, the rotation direction stays the
same, but the relative position is shifted by 180 deg.  If you reverse any
pair of stator connections, the rotation direction is opposite.

Isn't the web wonderful.  last time I was looking for this kind of info
(more than 10 years ago), it was really tedious.

here you go:
http://www.polysci.com/docs/SynchroApplGuide.pdf

http://techaidproducts.com/PDFs/Tech-AidSynchroArticle.pdf
(note well the standard voltages given in this last article... )

And if you really, really want to get trained up, here's the NEETS textbook
on synchros (all 200 pages of it)
http://www.phy.davidson.edu/instrumentation/Files/NEETS/Mod15%20-%20Principles%20of%20Synchros%20Servos%20and%20Gyros.pdf

Long, but very good explanations of how they all work, what you can screw
up, etc.