[TowerTalk] Brand new and appreciate help---Glen Martin tower & more..

deuhs@earthlink.net deuhs at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 1 13:32:56 EST 2005

I have the 17 foot GM Tower.  It is very strong!  I modified mine by ordering a custom rotor shelf that mounts at about the 10 foot level, which puts the rotor at a much better position than the 30 inches or so from the top.

I have a F12 C4SXL on top with no problems.

I also put two, 6 foot - 2 by 6 in boards across my rafters and used 18 inch threaded rod to mount by tower base. The 2 boards spread the load rather well. My garage was built in the 1960's with pretty hefty wood so it is solid. It has not moved in over a year.

I am very careful when I climb the tower (yes, use a harness) and inspect all base bolts before doing so...

Greg
k0pj/9
Wisconsin