[TowerTalk] 75 Vertical Marconi vs shunt feed

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Thu Dec 1 13:55:05 EST 2005

I'm thinking of building a 75 meter vertical.  It will be dedicated to
75 mtr dx as my 80 4sq won't go much above 3550.  I have the choice of
installing a full size insulated vertical (Marconi) or shunt feed a
Phylllistran guyed 60 foot Rohn 25 with C3E at the top.  Assuming
construction costs and complexity are equal how do I decide which to
do?  ?  Either will get 100 radials each 1/4 wavelength long What are
the positves or negatives of either?  Thanks in advance for inputs and
Merry Christmas.  73 bob de w9ge