[TowerTalk] "GEE-WIZ IT WORKS"

J. Gordon Beattie, Jr. w2ttt at arrl.net
Fri Dec 2 08:41:25 EST 2005

Bob,
I'm impressed by two elements of your email.

1. The antenna performance is very cool!  Telephone wire is useful stuff!

2. You actually got that MFJ tuner to work?
	I have several low-end MFJ tuners that work great, but the 989D a
friend of 	mine has is JUNK!  Is this what you have?

Observations:
	1. His tuner couldn't dip the SWR anywhere on 40/20M with a 35 piece
of wire.
	2. The numbers at the end stops on the roller inductor kept changing
wildly.
	3. As a "Legal Limit" tuner I would question whether it would work
given the
		capacitor gap spacing.

Anyone have any thoughts here?

73,