[TowerTalk] LM470

Peter Dougherty (W2IRT) w2irt at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 17:55:01 EST 2005

At 17:30 02-12-05, CubexCo at aol.com wrote:
>==================================
>I suspect that the Down Relay limit switch has failed, or the wiring to it.
>It is in the return leg (ground) of the down relay and if open the
>relay won't
>pull in.  Try locating that side of the relay and with a jumper wire bridge
>the leads going off to the Limit switch.

Hi Norman,
I wasn't really involved in fixing this personally, but from what I
was told, both limit switches were tested and found to be good, and
they were jumpering a few things inside. What we did get was that if
you were manually holding in that contactor and pushed the tower down
switch, the relay would start buzzing with AC going through it, but
nothing would happen if you just pushed the switch and didn't hold it
in. Again, without a dwg, it's hard to see what's involved.

- Peter

W2IRT