[TowerTalk] Inv. L support coupling to counterpoise

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Wed Dec 7 15:41:31 EST 2005

I have an inverted-L which is rather an inverted-L
with a bad slope from the top of the tower.  I lost my
70 foot tree a couple of years ago to one of our
Kansas winds and I had to tie the end of the L to a
smaller tree.  So, it looks more like an inverted-V
fed at one end.  The verticle leg runs up the tower
about three feet off the face.

Enuf

OK.  I have 18 radials in the back yard underneath the
tower and the are all in a 180 degrees of the tower.
I just can't run any radials through the house...or at
least...I have not been brave enough to do so with the
YL looking.  I have the radials and the tower grounded
to a earth ground so the tower and the radials are
tied together.

Now, I don't have any fancy gadgets to measure
anything, but it does seem to radiate a signal once I
get it loaded.  The bandwidth is fairly narrow before
I have to touch up the tuning circuit.  This past
weekend, I worked into the Caribbean...Maine, LAX, BC
and SC.  Never did hear a FL station.  So, it seems to
work and radiate a signal.  That is the true test of
an antenna.  I did not say it was efficient at all.

73
Lee
K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some and use it.  If you can't find any common sense, ask for help from somebody who has some common sense.